gentlemen of leisure
 search  members log in to check your private messages log in
Mixin' Tunes

Falco
Patrick Stewart

PostThu Feb 28, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quote

I've been wanting to do a mix tape for a while that actually involved, you know, mixing. A lot of tunes I like have like 2 or so minutes of amazing shit and then either go off or repeat themselves, and we all love cuts and breakdowns eh. Do any of you guys (t Dae or the TABB faggs) know a decent tool for such an endeavour? I don't want to start downloading random crap that makes my head burst because it's so hard to fuck1ng use.

I briefly tried searching the web but wasn't inspired with the first site that google threw at me:

(thankfully it was an M and not an N)

rogue admin

PostThu Feb 28, 2008 1:12 pm Reply with quote

yeah actually i really don't know

any DAW can cut and paste and to some extent change tempo but none of them are really designed for this

i use ableton live for most of my audio recording you could probably do this with it but it wouldn't be a lot better than garage band or audacity etc

ryan suggested traktor, which is for live audio mixing, or sony acid which is another simple daw

peon

PostFri Feb 29, 2008 10:35 am Reply with quote

acid isn't really a typical daw. it has some really stupid aspects like the inability to have more than one audio file on a given track (1:1 relationship between tracks and audio files), but it's also easy to steal and has pretty decent beatmatching abilities.

live is objectively better but also more complicated and probably trickier to beatmatch with, although its tempo manipulation abilities are certainly powerful enough to do the job.
Falco
Patrick Stewart

PostFri Feb 29, 2008 12:51 pm Reply with quote

I just got a hold of some acid and will give feedback when I've spent my weekend eating salsa, drinkin' ginger beer and trying to put The Beastie Boys over something inappropriate.

Cheers.

Samuel L Jackson

PostFri Feb 29, 2008 5:57 pm Reply with quote

OMG AIDAN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falco
Patrick Stewart

PostMon Nov 08, 2010 3:34 am Reply with quote

So this never really got off the ground huh
Kevin Spacey

PostMon Nov 08, 2010 1:49 pm Reply with quote

I'm sure that salsa still got eaten.
Patrick Stewart

PostFri Nov 26, 2010 10:43 am Reply with quote

YOU KNOW ME

where is d3 when you need it ;o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    superlatenight.com/forum :: Creative Shizzle All times are GMT