gentlemen of leisure
 search  members log in to check your private messages log in
Sniped

Falco
Patrick Stewart

PostSat Dec 11, 2010 4:14 pm Reply with quote

A snipe hunt, a form of wild-goose chase that is also known as a fool's errand, is a type of practical joke that involves experienced people making fun of credulous newcomers by giving them an impossible or imaginary task. The origin of the term is a practical joke where inexperienced campers are told about a bird or animal called the snipe as well as a usually preposterous method of catching it, such as running around the woods carrying a bag or making strange noises such as banging rocks together. Incidentally, the snipe (a family of shorebirds) is difficult to catch for experienced hunters, so much so that the word "sniper" is derived from it to refer to anyone skilled enough to shoot one.

Quite a good wiki article. There are some funny things people get sent to collect (April fool's style, like asking for a long weight/wait). Lulz.

Kevin Spacey

PostWed Dec 22, 2010 7:16 pm Reply with quote

Just bought Prince's greatest hits for £20 but i'm gonna party like it was £19.99!
rogue admin

PostWed Dec 22, 2010 11:02 pm Reply with quote

get out
Patrick Stewart

PostThu Feb 24, 2011 3:06 pm Reply with quote

The underscore [ _ ] (also called understrike, low line, or low dash) is a character that originally appeared on the typewriter and was primarily used to underline words. To produce an underlined word, the word was typed, the typewriter carriage was moved back to the beginning of the word, and the word was overtyped with the underscore character.

PRETTY COOL

Kevin Spacey

PostWed Dec 07, 2011 3:43 am Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
The underscore [ _ ] (also called understrike, low line, or low dash) is a character that originally appeared on the typewriter and was primarily used to underline words. To produce an underlined word, the word was typed, the typewriter carriage was niggered back to the beginning of the word, and the word was overniggered with the underscore character.

PRETTY COOL

Cool COLD AS ICE Cool
Falco
Patrick Stewart

PostWed Dec 07, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote

Where u been???
remotely female

PostTue May 28, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote

Guys.
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    superlatenight.com/forum :: The Jazz All times are GMT